Wednesday, April 18, 2012

O is for Obituary


Mood: Calm – for now
Listening to:  Completely ineffective ceiling fans – it’s hot!

Ladies and Gentlemen, we are gathered here today to mourn the loss of my desire to wear jeans. As I previously mentioned, India is hot. I live in Bangalore, which in comparison to the rest of India is downright moderate, but it is still bloody hot outside. Shorts are not an acceptable sartorial choice for ladies, so I was really trying to stick with my jeans. I have been a jeans groupie for the past 20 years. I love love love me some jeans. Since I lost weight, I have been loving them even more because I don’t have to fight to get them on and then suffocate.

Then came April in Bangalore. I just can’t take it anymore. My legs are dying of suffocation and heat stroke every day. In the name of comfort, I have had to put my jeans down for a while. I still stare longingly at them when I open my closet in the morning, but my hand always reaches for a light skirt instead.  I have never worn so many skirts in my life. I’m just not a skirt kind of girl. Unless its ungodly hot outside.

So goodbye for now sweet Levi’s, Gloria Vanderbelt, and Lee’s. (Shut up, I am not dropping major amounts of cash on jeans!) I will miss you and look forward to the days when we can once again be together.

Becky

No comments: