Wednesday, April 18, 2012

L is for Laughter


Mood: Calm – for now
Listening to:  Completely ineffective ceiling fans – it’s hot!

My apologies for the shorter posts (or you're welcome, depending on if you like rambling on). Apparently I need to go back to Kindergarten too, I'm all over the place with letter placement too.

One thing I’m really missing and craving right now is laughter. Not the small ha ha’s that you give in your everyday life. I’m talking about the gut laugh. The one that leaves you aching, breathless, and happy to be alive. The one that usually lasts for 2 – 3 rounds because as soon as you think you have yourself under control, you start laughing again. Most of the time this happens when you’re with other people.

One of the reasons I absolutely adore my extended family is that it’s only a matter of time before someone starts the laughter. We are a family of clowns – everyone has something funny to say and we usually end up gasping for air. I just get so tickled by their outrageous suggestions that we all end up rolling on the floor.  Needless to say, I am really missing them a lot.

I have many fond memories of laughing like this with friends too. As we’re in a dead spot for friends right now, it’s been a while since we were able to let our hair down and really laugh and enjoy time with other people. I really miss it.

I suppose I could substitute in a really good funny movie instead, but it’s just not the same as sharing belly laughs with someone else.

What do you do to have a good laugh? Any ideas for hilarious movies?

Becky

No comments: