Monday, April 9, 2012

D is for Domesticity


This will be a shorty post. Just trying to keep the flow going.

As I’ve discussed before, I have what I like to call the Martha Stewart gene. I’m not anywhere near as creative as she is, but I do love me some cooking, cleaning and organizing. I wasn’t always like this; I only developed the symptoms after I got married. Since we’ve moved to India, I have a house keeper type lady who comes over to clean my house and occasionally cook some food.

My housekeeper took the day off recently right before my inlaws landed up at my house to stay for a week.  I had a very full day of cleaning and washing dishes. Perhaps I haven’t been here long enough to get spoiled, but I actually enjoyed doing my own chores again. I missed washing the dishes. On one hand, dismissing the housekeeper would let me do things how I want them done. On the other hand, I wouldn’t have time to sit and write all this nonsense on my blog, and I do love me some blogging.

Becky

No comments: