Friday, June 15, 2012

Peanut Butter Vs. Nutella


So Michael, from: http://michaeldagostino.blogspot.in/  and Rusty of: http://swinginglikearustygate.blogspot.com.au/ have gotten into an epic battle of Nutella Vs. Peanut Butter.

I never really thought about matching up Peanut Butter and Nuttella in a competition, but it’s rather a brilliant idea. Here are my thoughts.

Peanut Butter:
Ok. So I like peanut butter in a functional way. I could eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches every day. I like them THAT much. It’s a quick and dirty reliable way of getting some protein into my system. My mom used to use this as a meal so often when I was young, there’s some major nostalgia value. I also love peanut butter combined with desserts. Reeces, peanut butter cookies, etc. I can’t think of much else to use  peanut butter for. I never really understood about peanut butter and bananas, but it’s recently come so highly recommended, I’m going to have to try it. I don’t fall over myself loving it, and with 1 kid in my house allergic to it, I really don't keep much around. 

Nutella:
I don’t have any childhood memories of nutella. I only tried it last year, and can I get a hell yeah! I’m a huge sweet tooth and I’ve been known to be an easy date for anything containing hazelnut and or chocolate together. It turns a humble slice of bread into an awesome dessert. Also, able to be eaten alone, which I just can’t do with peanut butter.

So I’m sorry *Michael, Nutella totally wins.  Anything sweet I can dig out of a jar with a spoon dominates.

Becky

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

One for Nutella! Lol, but Rusty is the Nutella guy so he'll be happy. Do try peanut butter and bananas - it's one of the best combinations ever.

Becky said...

Well that's embarrassing! I went and fixed it though. I will definitely try the peanut butter banana thing. I LOVE bananas in India.

Ken said...

There seems to be this thing about bloggers and Nutella? With all this free publicity, Nutella should probably be sending out a few royalty cheques in the mail.

........and because i'm a rebel and go against the grain, i'm a peanut butter guy through and through.

Quick little story, i drove the bus on a field trip the other week and one of the kids brought a peanut butter sandwich. Because of the allergy issue, they exiled him into the hall and he watched us all through the glass in the window as he ate his sandwich alone and sad. Smokers and peanut butter eaters, the dregs of society! :)

Anonymous said...

Awww poor kid! How could the allergies be effected just by being around peanuts? I mean, as long as he didn't shove it into anyone's face I would think it would be fine. :(

Becky said...

Ken - Ah yes, but those basket cases never do. They just bask in the free publicity.

We used to live in NY and peanut allergy awareness was CRAZAY there. They had peanut free tables and some schools even banned peanut butter. I understand how serious peanut allergies can be. My youngest is allergic to them, but not to the degree that she goes into a reaction just from being in the same room. I cannot imagine the anxiety level for moms of those kids.
@Lady in Red - it's crazy. Some kids have a reaction from just being in the vicinity. Scary!

Gossip_Grl said...

Oh I love both of them. I have to have peanut butter, with everything. Nutella is like candy heaven! :)

Becky said...

That's kind of how I see it. They both have their time in the lime light. I would never eat a nutella sandwich with jam - that's what Peanut Butter is for. However, sweet stuff with a spoon. Winning.

Anonymous said...

Well I suppose SOMEONE had to side with Rusty...

Rusty said...

:D

Finally some sanity has reached the Internet

Good to have you on board!

Becky said...

@Michael - what can I say, when you know you're right, you know you're right. ;-)
@Rusty - thanks!