Friday, March 7, 2008

Total Eclipse of the Children of the Corn

Listening to: The absolute madhouse chaos of McDonald’s play place on a busy day

Mood: Content

I was watching a show on VH1Classic the other day and happened to catch Total Eclipse of the Heart by Bonnie Tyler. Now this is one of my husband’s favorite songs of all time, so we both sat down and watched the video. I don’t think I’ve ever seen it before as this song became popular way before I was allowed to watch MTV. My parent's were afraid it would corrupt my preteen self forever.

Wow. For a nice, traumatized, love song, they sure missed the boat with the video. What is with the whole children of the corn vibe? With the glowing eyes? How does this fit at all with the video. And then it ends with a creepy, stalker-esque, cougar situation at the end. It’s such a passionate song, they could have done much better with the video. Am I missing something?Does this song go with a movie of the Mrs. Robinson caliber?

You gotta love the 80’s hair that Bonnie is rocking though. It’s so fun to look back on the 80’s and rip on all the totally silly fashion stupidities that occurred. So help me if leg warmers ever truly make a comeback.

Becky

No comments: